Kevin Wilford is also a qualified Civil Mediation Council (‘CMC’), Mediator and can assist you in any formal Civil/Commercial or ‘Workplace’ mediation you require.
Mediation allows parties in dispute to explore other, possible paths to resolution, without recourse to the Courts or to Employment Tribunals.
Compared to litigation, mediation can offer several advantages, including:
- It can take place at the time of the parties’ choice and usually lasts up to one day;
- Costs are fixed and agreed and are usually shared by the participants;
- Parties can speak and be heard in a safe, relaxed and informal environment;
- The parties themselves are in control of the outcome, not the Courts or Tribunals;
- The mediator acts as a ‘facilitator’ and not as a Judge;
- The process is confidential, impartial and totally without prejudice.