GDPR 02 – 23/05/2018
2 – DATA CONTROLLER
The Data Controller for Assist Legal Services is:
16 Broad Walk
0161 818 7 818
3 – SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY REGISTRATION
We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
4 – LEGAL BASIS
If we collect any data from you, we will always tell you why we need the details and for how long we will store them for, ensuring that you are always informed. No data collection will be excessive, and we will collect exactly what we need to comply with our legal requirements.
5 – THE WEBSITE
Assist Legal Services will always endeavour to ensure that the necessary steps are taken to protect your information. Our website is secure with https://, so any data we collect on our website is secure.
6 – DATA COLLECTION ON OUR WEBSITE
We have several contact forms on our website where we ask for the following details for these reasons:
- Name – We need to know your name, so we can make contact with you.
- E-mail – In the event we cannot reach you by telephone, we will send you an e-mail to let you know we have tried to make contact.
- Subject – We need to know the subject of your request.
- Company – We like to know which company you are contacting us from, so we can do some research on how we can provide the best service to your company’s industry sector.
- Telephone Number – We would like to give you call so we can introduce ourselves properly and identify your immediate needs.
- Message – We need to know what specific services you are looking for.
7 – COOKIES
8 – CONTACT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Once we have contacted you, we will make sure that we have got your explicit consent for any future contact. You have the right to withdraw your consent to be contacted at any time by e-mailing email@example.com.
Telephone calls may be recorded or monitored for training, quality and record purposes.
9 – EXTERNAL
Our service only looks to contain safe and relevant external links to other sites, should we wish to use them. We ask all users to note that these external sites are not operated or owned by Assist Legal Services and therefore we do not control or are responsible or liable for their content and their policies. Users are asked to review their privacy policies from those links.
10 – SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Assist Legal Services is on Social Media, we use LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube. We will never ask for personal or sensitive information. Social media platforms can shorten lengthy website addresses, and although they take all reasonable actions to ensure the URLs used are genuine, they can sometimes be prone to spam and hacking. Assist Legal Services therefore cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by clicking on those shortened URLs.
11 – HOW WE STORE YOUR DATA
The information that we collect from you is stored on our secure servers. We have strict access controls over who can see your data and for what reason. Your data will only be stored for as long as necessary and this will be stated to you in our first communication.
12 – YOUR RIGHTS
- You are the data subject, and with that comes your rights as to what we do with your data.
- The right to be informed – We always make sure that you know why we need your data, what we do with it, how we process, how long we hold it for, and if there is any transfer of data to a third party, with the right to withdraw consent.
- The right of access – If you would like to know what data we hold on you, simply send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you within 30 days.
- The right to be forgotten – You don’t want us to hold your details any longer? Email us at email@example.com.
- The right to restrict processing – Do you think the details we hold on you are not correct? Let us know and we will restrict the processing of the data, until we know we have the right details.
- The right to data portability – You want us to send a copy of your data to another data controller? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- The right to object – You don’t want us to send you any direct marketing materials? Tell us and we will stop. Email us at email@example.com.
- Your rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – we don’t use automated decision making or profiling, but if we ever do you will be the first to know.
13 – COMPLAINTS
Not happy with how we have handled your data? In the first instance, please do let us know as we will happily try to put it right.
Still not satisfied? Then please contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
14 – CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes made to this policy will be reflected in an updated version of this page.
15 – CONTACT US